Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Who Else is on the Sportscaster Card? - Post #004

Whose Sportscaster card is this?



Or Maybe Who Isn't on This Sportscaster Card?


I'm going to guess that the North Carolina guard shown here is Phil Ford.  Since I asked whose card this is you can probably guess that it isn't Phil Ford's or whoever is pictured here.  That leaves the defender. 

I wonder what the player thought when seeing this card.  Not only is the defender not pictured, I don't think that the player named on the card is even this defender.  The full card is shown below.

Does the defender play for Wake Forest?  Does anyone have a better idea?




I found a few pictures of Jacksonville's uniforms and they don't look like the one shown above.  The stripes are quite different.  Also the guy doesn't seem talk enough to be Gilmore.  

Artis Gilmore last played collegiately in 1970 and Phil Ford began at UNC in 1974.   I didn't find Jacksonville playing against UNC in either of the two years that Gilmore played basketball for the Dolphins.  


Here is the back of the card.  It leads me to believe that Gilmore is the defender.  Is he?  This is card #36-08.  




Maybe I am totally wrong about all of this.  Let me know if this is the case.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely NOT Gilmore. Based on your findings of the next day it's just a simple error. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete