Wednesday, December 21, 2016

When Did Customers Stop Subscribing to Sportscaster Cards?

Has anyone ever read statistics regarding when customers stopped purchasing Sportscaster cards through the subscriptions?  I don't even remember when I stopped getting them, but I probably got no more than 10 of the packs.

Why do I ask?  As I sort the cards I'm going to see if there are some sets that are lacking star power.  Would that be enough to get people to stop purchasing future packs.  Which pack caused this most?

Somehow I am sorting packs numbered 50 - 59 out of order.  Why?  They just ended up at in front of the other unsorted stacks.

Even though I like baseball, I could see how lots of people wouldn't want to keep buying packs after getting #58.  There are no major stars from any sports and eight of the 24 cards in the set are baseball stadiums - Shea, Busch, Fenway, Memorial (Baltimore), Yankee, Candlestick, Veterans (Philadelphia) and Dodger Stadium.  I don't have any of these cards.

While sorting the cards in this range my cards match what I read about sets 56+ being in shorter supply.




2 comments:

  1. Something I was thinking about that might have limited the number of higher decks issued. If one deck was sent each month and the purchaser never increased the number of decks they were getting each month (they could get at least 3 decks per month if they wanted) they'd only have 36 decks since the program lasted 3 years. I imagine most people would have stuck with the one deck per month offer. Even at 2 decks per month, they do have no more than 72 decks...and that's if they were getting 2/month from the beginning. I have a letter that leads me to believe the extra decks/month were not offered until after month 3 and I doubt they offered that until at least a few months into the process. In order to get all the decks, you'd HAVE to subscribe to thec3/month plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it makes sense that they made one Triptych for every three sets.

    ReplyDelete