Sunday, December 4, 2016

Baseball Was Certainly Sportscaster King in the 1970s

With Sportscaster cards everyone wants to know about Bird, Magic and Gretzky.  No other cards seem to grab that much attention.  That is fine, but when buying lots or trying to assemble sets it becomes apparent that baseball was king in the late 1970s.

I'm still sorting these cards and I probably will be forever since they are slow to sort for a variety of reasons.  Most of what I have came from bulk purchases.  In every set (pack/series) I have far less baseball cards than any of the other sports.  

In the high-numbered series I am still missing most of the baseball players.  I'll need to come up with a checklist so I can find a way to trade for these cards.  


A few of my cards come from packs that I got in the 1970s when I subscribed for the first year or so.  Others come from packs I purchased recently, like the Musial above.  Rarely when I bought in bulk did the cards include baseball ones.  Luckily the track ones tended to all be there.

Does anyone have extras of the baseball cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment