Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I Found Out More About Phil Ford - Artis Gilmore Sportscaster Error Cards

As I continued to sort the cards I found out that the Artis Gilmore and Four Corner Offense cards have the wrong pictures in some of the print runs.


I can't imagine Artis was involved in many four corner offense schemes.  After he left Jacksonville, they became the first team to average 100 points in a season the next year.  No slow-down offense for them.



Card #36-08 is Artis Gilmore's card.  There are no changes on the back that I can see in the blank print run or in print run "A".  The blank print run and some of the "A" print runs have the Phil Ford photo that I showed yesterday.  Oddly, I also have a print run "A" which properly shows Gilmore in his Chicago Bulls uniform.

I don't have any of this card from print run "B".  I will assume that it is Gilmore.


Card #36-12 is the Four-Corner Offense card.  The blank print run and some of the "A" print runs have the Artis Gilmore photo.  I also have a print run "A" which properly shows Ford on the front.

Both "A" cards give photo credit to Focus on Sports.

The "B" print run card shows Ford but the photo credit changes to Focus on Sports Jerry Wachter.
 




Ford is mentioned on the bottom of the Four Corner Offense card



2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I ever heard of a variation that didnt have a different print run! The two photo differences you mentioned that both say print run A have me worried. I've been relying solely on the back data. Do you know of any other cards that have variations in the same print run?

    ReplyDelete