Friday, December 20, 2019

Graded Sportscaster Cards

I don't own any graded Sportscaster cards.  I own a few graded cards just from group purchases or good deals at card shows.

I checked SCG's population report and found that they haven't graded many Sportscaster cards.  I didn't check BGS because I don't have a login that I can remember. 

PSA had the following totals by country -

North American - 6080 graded cards
Finland - 728
France - 391
Sweden - 258
United Kingdom - 226
Germany - 190
Italy - 80
Belgium - 58
The Netherlands (Dutch set) - 47

With over 2,000 cards in the set the North American version has only an average of three of each card graded.  I was surprised to see that 13 cards had more than 50 graded versions.  That's over 14% of all of the graded cards.

11 of the 13 cards made sense - Orr, Ali, Nicklaus, Howe, 1969 Mets (Ryan), Dr. J., Rose Ryan, Bird, Gretzky, Magic.  I was surprised at the last two on the list - Pete Maravich and Jim Rice.  Great players, but not really on par with the first 11 names. 

I still don't know the numeric country code for the Dutch cards.  A few are for sale online, but when I zoom it becomes a bit too blurry.  Can anyone help with that? 

1 comment:

  1. I recentlyboicked up a couple PSA graded Dutch Sportscaster. The only graded ones I have as I've never seen any others. The code on the bottom of the Joe Frazier card is: 1977/0086/1030/32-758. 1977 is obviously the year. Card # is 758. I believe 32 is the deck number (although, unlike other PSA graded sportscasters, it doesnt list the usual deck-# combo as the number...just 758). I assume that makes 0086/1030 the country code. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete