Wednesday, December 18, 2019

French Sportscaster Cards - I Know Less About Them Each Day

I read that there are sets up to 124 in the French set.  That makes sense since I've got one card from set 121 in my small sample of these cards.

I thought that the numbering system made sense until I sorted these cards today.  List most of the sets, this set is numbered with the series (deck) number and then a number from 01 to 24.  I found two cards that don't follow that pattern.


Below is a larger version of the backs.  They all have the code for French cards - 16 265.  Notice that these are labeled 04-75 and 04-87.  I have no other cards from this series to use as a comparison.



Only the set from Finland numbers this way.  I don't have these cards in the Finnish version. 

04-75 should be 04-03 if following the French pattern.  Menetrey is card 04-03 in the North American set.  04-87 should be 04-15.  04-15 in the North American set is Rick Barry. 

The card with Bouttier and Monzon is listed on ebay at being card 04-15, but there is no photo of the back of the card to confirm the numbering.  Does anyone have this card?


Does anyone know more about issues like this in the French set, or specifically in series 04?

2 comments:

  1. The Italian edition also works with a consecutive number. I only have a few cards, for example 833 (country code) 04-0080, Carlos Monzon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I thought I had one card from Italy but I'm no longer sure since I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete