Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sportscaster Series #02 Variations that I Have Found So Far. Please Pass Along Other Information That You Have

Here is what I found for the 24 cards in Series #2 so far.   It looks like the print run can be either 'A' or blank where there is no letter in bold.  For the blank print run I'm finding then printed in either Japan or Italy.  So I'm working on getting all there versions for Series #2.

I have every card from print run 'A' and every card but one from the first print run (blank).  I am missing 2-08 Joe DiMaggio.  Here are the back variations I've seen.  I have yet to check for variations on the front of the cards.

2-01 Une de Main - 'A' has different caption
2-02 Jack Nicklaus - 'A' has different text
2-03 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 'A' has variations in text and awards
2-04 George Blanda - 'A' has updated awards
2-11 Vasaloppet  - 'A' has additional text
2-17 Johnny Cecotto - 'A' has updated awards
2-19 Eddy Merckx - 'A' has additional text and different title - front and back
2-21 Kornelia Ender - 'A' has variations in text and awards
2-22 John Naber - 'A' has additional text
2-23 Teofilo Stevenson - 'A' has variations in text and awards
2-24 Chris Evert - 'A' has updated records


Please let me know if you have seen other variations.


The cards pictured above are from the Finnish version of the set.  I don't have a checklist so I will wait until I finish (sorry for using that word) the North American set to search for a checklist from Finland.  

No comments:

Post a Comment