Friday, February 26, 2016

Sportscaster Series #04 Variations that I Have Found So Far. Please Pass Along Other Information That You Have

Here is what I found for the 24 cards in Series #4 so far.   It looks like the first print run has no letter.  Those can be found printed either in Japan or Italy.  In addition, I am finding print run "A" and print run "B".  So I'm working on getting all four versions for Series #4.

I have every card from print run 'B' and every card but not many cards from print run "A".  For the first print run (blank instead of a letter) I am missing #12 and #22 from Italy and I have all of the ones from Japan.  I only have six cards from deck "A".

Here are the back variations I've seen.  I have yet to check for variations on the front of the cards.

4-10 Earl Anthony - 'A' and 'B' have added awards and records
4-14 Dave Cowens - 'B' has a different caption.  I don't have 'A'
4-15 Rick Barry - 'B' has different caption and awards.  I don't have 'A'
4-19 Volleyball - An American Invention - 'A' and 'B' have different text
4-20 Jonty Skinner - 'B' has added awards. 
4-22 Johnny Bench  ' ' Italy and 'B' have a different caption and records than ' ' Japan.  


Jonty Skinner was the first person to break 50 seconds in the 100-m Freestyle. I worked with him in Colorado many years ago.

Card 4-24 features Bruce Jenner.  The subtitle is "Mr. Track and Field".  Wow!








No comments:

Post a Comment