Monday, July 25, 2016

My Third Sportscaster Card Autograph

On Friday night I went to a cross country race.  At the last minute I went online to confirm the race times.  That turned out to be a great thing to do.  I found out that the race added an Olympic gold medalist to the Mix.  Bob Schul was going to be there selling/signing his book "In The Long Run".



I'm not an autograph collector, but I do try to support track and field athletes and I don't mind the $10 fee compared to many other athletes who charge triple-digit amounts.

I'm also not a fan of the autograph process at big shows where many players don't even talk to the person who is buying the signature.  This was quite different.  When I went to the tent to see Schul there were about five people there.  When it was my turn he gladly talked to me about the Olympic race, the US Olympic Trials and many other topics.

If you get a chance to see him, he's a great ambassador for track and field.  He's still involved in coaching too.

I guess that I will need to post about the other two autographs that I have.  Hint - both are also Olympic gold medalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment