Friday, March 15, 2019

Sportscaster Cards from Germany

UPDATE - I screwed up these two sets. 

It's been a good week for me with Sportscaster cards.   Today I picked up a bunch of cards from the German set.  This set is numbered 17-033 followed by the deck and pack (i.e. 22-13).  I like that it works like the USA set with card numbers in each deck starting at 01.


I was surprised to see two cards of Rosi Mittermaier.  I rarely see doubles in any Sportscaster lot so I immediately turned it over expecting one of them to maybe be a promo card.  Sure enough, it was number 17 993 08.  This 993 code has been found on the promos from each set that I've seen so far.  



Does it make sense for Mittermaier to be on a promo card?  She did win gold medals in the 1976 and she's from Germany.



Who else was used as promo cards in this set?  I didn't check all of the cards, but maybe I have more than just this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment