Saturday, August 4, 2018

Sportscaster Cards at the National

I only spent four hours at the National but since I've been to this show many times, I know which booths I can quickly skip. 

I found one booth the Sportscaster cards on display, another with a handful of them and some dealers with one or two cards.  I spent some time talking to the dealer who had a display case dedicated to Sportscaster cards.  He said that sales had been good.  He was selling the North American version of the cards.  He had the basic stars from our four main sports.  He also mentioned that these cards aren't showing up often anywhere.  Is that a good thing?

He mentioned that he had thousands of others with him, but I didn't ask to see them since he didn't mention anything about prices.  If I had extra time I would have gone back there, but four hours was my limit since we were doing a mile road race last night in West Virginia. 

He had fair prices of a few bucks per card.  That's not bad if you are a player or team collector.  For me, I'm used to buying bulk Sportscaster cards, so I will only pay that much for the remaining cards on my want list. 

I came away with nothing from this trip.  I didn't even seen any of the expensive three cards on display. 

No comments:

Post a Comment