Friday, January 24, 2020

A Challenge With Collecting Cards from the Kellogg's Boxes



It would be great to be able to easily collect cards from the cereal boxes.  They have a different look with the printing on cereal box stock.  To me that makes me want to collect them. 

What's the problem?  Check out the 1980 box at the top of the picture.  There are six cards together.  The bottom three could easily be cut out and displayed as cards since all of the cards are visible.  The top three cards don't offer that same possibility since these cards were overlapped in the image created. 

Kellogg's used a few different formats to do these cards.  Some of them involved the overlapping.  If I have a box without overlaps I'd be tempted to cut it into individual cards, especially if the box isn't complete or if it isn't in great condition.  I guess if would also depend if I got a duplicate of the box or back panel.

Some years also contain card images on the front and/or sides of the box.  The 1980 box above has a small image on the side. 

I haven't created a list of what different boxes were produced each year.  I will start that and then hope to get help from others with it.  I also want to know what products offered cards - Frosted Flakes, Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment