Sunday, January 21, 2018

Are There Other Sportscaster Cards Like This One?

I picked up this Sportscaster card recently.    It features Phil and Tony Esposito.  Are there any other Sportscaster cards that have a player listed it the title where they don't show his picture on the front?  That will take a long time for me to figure out. 




I don't remember ever reading about the Team Canada - USSR eight-game series that was held in 1972.  For those of you younger than me, that is how things were without constant sports news on television.  There are some good recaps of this series online. 

The card mentions it, but I think there is an error in crediting the brothers for their play in that series.  They seem to have switched the names.  




What do I remember most about these brothers?  I had a table-top hockey game that featured both of them.  I think it was called One-on-One Hockey or something like that.  If I saw this game at a flea market I'd be certain to buy it.

3 comments:

  1. Don't know if there are other cads like this. But now I have to track this one down.. I remember the 72 series with the Russians well. Pretty good ntense. Canada though it would be a cake walk. Russians were super skilled.. Canadians turned Series around with some physical play. Some of it blatantly rough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My e-mail can be found at the top of the blog. If you send your address to my via this e-mail I can certainly send along this card, which is a duplicate.

      Delete
  2. When I was growing up home hockey games weren't televised here in Chicago. Wirtz said if you wanted to see the team, buy a ticket. That kept most of us from becoming big fans.

    ReplyDelete