Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Sportscaster Cards from France

Track and Field cards are my first priority with Sportscaster cards.  Up until recently I had only one card from the French set.  Recently, I picked over over 60 cards from this set.  One card is from Judo and all of the others are Boxing cards (Boxe).

It's great to have these cards, even if they are not in perfect condition.  I don't know if I will ever try to complete the French set since I hear that is difficult to do.

If I get a chance I will try to trade them for track and field cards.  That shouldn't be too difficult since it seems as though here in the USA the most popular cards are from the four major sports - football, basketball, baseball and hockey.  After that, the boxing cards seem to be the only other ones with a big following.

Of the boxers that I purchased, about 20 of them featured boxers who I had heard of before.  Most were big names - Ali, Dempsey, Tunney, etc.  Here are a few pictures if you haven't seen a French version of Sportscaster cards before.




2 comments: