Thursday, November 28, 2019

Foreign Sportscaster Cards

I've not gotten around to sorting these cards since I haven't even finished the North American Sportscaster cards.  Here is what I have.



The picture above shows my Sportscaster cards from Germany (left), Belgium (middle) and Sweden (right). 





The second picture shows my Sportscaster cards from France (front, left), the UK (front, rigtht) and Finland (box in back).

I still have no checklists for these cards.  I could probably only start a checklist for the set from Finland since I have a lot of them.

I don't have any from Italy or the Netherlands.  Does anyone have any of these?  Does anyone even know the numbering system used in the Dutch set?

8 comments:

  1. Hello from Germany, great blog!
    I am collecting the German edition and have been working on a checklist for a long time. But I don't have the time to move faster. Maybe on christmas days.
    If you have specific questions, please get in touch.
    I also have Italian cards and one Dutch or Belgian edition card. The counting system is e.g. 0086 1030 63-1508.
    Do your Belgian cards have the same code 0086?
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my e-mail for this blog - runforekelloggs@gmail.com.

      Delete
  2. 0086 1030 is Belgian. I did get a large number of German edition cards but I doubt it is anywhere near being the entire set. I have yet to start sorting them. I appreciate your efforts and I understand how it is a slow process.

    Usually when I finish sorting something I end up buying something else. I hope that happens again.

    Do you find these cards around at all? I don't see them at baseball card shows frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that the German series has decks 1 - 88 and 101-106. Have you found that to be true?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Finnish checklist. Not print runs, but most (if not all) of the card subjects. I got it from someone else...who got it from someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Trading Card Database has it, but I want all of it in one Excel file. If you e-mail it to me I will post it for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Trading Card Database only has the first 10 decks/series. There are almost 100 decks/series. It's all in excel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make that OVER 100 decks/series in the Finnish set. 115 to be exact.

    ReplyDelete